On October 23, 1955 a group of 20 golf enthusiasts met in Ottawa at the home of Jack Snow, to discuss building a golf club for the Jewish community. Several more “parlour” meetings took place, and on September 18, 1956 the first annual general meeting of the Rideau View Country Club took place. At that historic meeting, 66 men made the formal decision to build a golf club. A ladies’ association was established in 1957.
Several committees were formed and swung into operation. A 200-acre parcel of land near Manotick, Ontario was purchased, and several prominent businessmen volunteered their time, expertise and business acumen to make the venture a success. Charter members were those who joined before August 1, 1957.
OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES